Strategic Leadership Development
Practical approaches to developing strategic thinking skills and implementing a strategic management process:
- Develop a deeper understanding of corporate strategy, business strategy and governance:
- The strategic role of the board
- Strategic alignment
- Change and transformation
- Organisation’s approach to strategic risk.
- Combine management and leadership perspectives to develop an integrated view of:
- Corporate strategy
- Business strategy
- Strategic risk management.
Delegate fee: £3,795 excluding VAT at 20%Register
All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
This course explores practical approaches to developing strategic thinking and analysis skills, and implementing a strategic management process that balances the need for a single corporate strategy with subsidiary business models and strategies.
We offer a systemic view of strategic leadership and operational management to help you to achieve results through strategic alignment.
Our evidence-based and highly practical leadership development approach helps Directors, Executives and Senior Managers to improve their strategic thinking ability and increase their confidence in fulfilling their responsibilities.
Who should attend?
Board directors in an executive or non-executive role, senior managers, enterprise analysts, portfolio managers and enterprise architects, regulators, business journalists, and lawyers who:
- Are involved in formulating or updating corporate strategy or managers who have to align their business and operational strategies with corporate strategy
- Have the responsibility to translate organisational strategy into effective performance to deliver results or to oversee this implementation.
- Want to better understand the differences between operational management roles, strategic management roles and governance responsibilities in areas such as thinking skills, planning approaches, and priorities.
- Need to develop a better understanding of good international governance practice at corporate, strategic and operational levels.
- Assess companies for their long-term success and potential to deliver value to stakeholders.
Some key outcomes reported by delegates who have attended this course include:
- Clarity about the elements of direction and strategy such as purpose, mission, strategy, goals, key result indicators, vision and values
- Understanding key elements of direction and governance, such as accountability and stakeholder management, transparency, leadership, risk management
- Confidence in applying a strategic management system to align goals, measures, targets, plans and actions
- Insights into the reasons why conflicts between strategic leaders and operational managers are inevitable and how to resolve them so the conflict is healthy
- Understanding of the difference between corporate and business strategy, appreciation of the importance of the “competitive strategy“ concept in both profit and non-profit based organisations
- A better understanding of personal strengths as a strategic thinker, leader and manager and areas for further development
The course provides an opportunity to build on your existing skills, knowledge and experience of leadership and management.
- The course uses a mixture of short theory explanations, group discussions, individual work, exercises, presentations, video clips, case studies, problem- solving and feedback sessions to provide an interesting, varied and stimulating learning experience.
- Participants learn how to achieve greater impact in their roles and we provide the opportunity to address specific client situations.
- Our course leaders have extensive qualifications and experience working with clients in many industries on strategic leadership and management.
- During preparatory steps, an understanding of current corporate issues and individual concerns is captured and used to focus the workshop content.
Venue & Group Size
The programme will be held at a professional training centre in the West End of London. The non-residential course fee includes training facilities, documentation, lunches and refreshments for the duration of the programme. Delegates are responsible for arranging their own transport, accommodation and evening meals, however, a list of convenient hotels is available upon registration. We will work in small groups up to a maximum of 12 delegates.
Strategic Leadership Development – Agenda
Day 1: Strategy definition and formulation
- Strategy definition and concepts
- Corporate, Business and Operations strategy
- A Strategic Management System
- Strategic analysis
- The board’s strategic role
Day 2: Strategy implementation and management
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Strategy evaluation and choice
- Strategy communication and implementation
- Performance measurement framework
- Case study
Day 3: Strategic Risk and Governance
- Governance concepts
- Strategic Risk
- Corporate strategy – the role of the ‘centre’
- Achieving strategic alignment
- Governance responsibilities and relationships
Day 4: Strategic Leadership
- Leadership and Management – the difference
- Governance, leadership and management of operations
- Governing, leading and managing portfolios, programmes and projects
- Organisational change and transformation
- Case study
Day 5: Next Steps
- Assess the risk appetite of your organisation
- Develop and approve a business strategy
- Stakeholder management
- Application of key concepts
- Individual plans and presentations
You can book and pay using the form on the left of your screen. Alternatively, if you wish to simply reserve your place, please use the link below to complete our simple registration form:Register now