Register for a free trial – with no obligation.
You will be able to explore some of the content to decide if the course is right for you.
This adaptive distance-learning course provides you with a clear understanding of strategy as a process as well as guidance for how to think strategically. It introduces the tools you need to analyse both the business environment and your organisation. Once you understand what is changing out there and how you are placed to deal with it, the course outlines how to identify the best strategy. The course shows you how to develop your own strategy then embed it within your organisation. You will discover your own key strategic challenges through strategic analysis, then generate options, choose the best one and plan forimplementing the new strategy.
Our evidence-based business strategy training approach helps managers improve their strategic thinking ability and increase their confidence in managing strategic responsibilities in their organisation to better understand the industry it operates in.
Our distance learning technology platform provides a blended learning approach that adapts to individual needs without having to travel to attend an instructor-led course. You study at your own pace supported by a highly effective set of resources
Business Strategy Training
The process of formulating and implementing strategy needs to be described in tangible steps. A strategy is not simply about “achieving sustainable competitive advantage” or developing “unique capabilities that cannot easily be imitated”, but is about being very clear about the biggest challenges facing your organisation. Strategic management involves thinking through what you want to achieve, how you are going to allocate and direct resources to deliver, then managing the implementation, to deliver a sustained return on capital.
Module 1 – Principles of strategic analysis
- What are strategy and strategic thinking?
- What is the difference between a good strategy and a bad one?
- How to think strategically: comparison with analytical and creative thinking
- Understanding the concept of the “business model”
- Vision, values, mission and goals – case examples, class discussion and guidelines
- Analysis and extrapolation of the business environment
Module 2 – The Strategic Management Process
- How to evaluate market structures, trends and prospects
- Evaluating internal competencies and capabilities
- Situational analysis
- Strategy formulation and measurement – Strategy Maps and the Balanced Scorecard
- The content of a strategy: how to achieve strategic alignment
- Putting a strategic plan together
- Business cases and business plans demystified
Module 3 – Strategy implementation, measurement and improvement
- Managing risk and uncertainty
- Gaining your team’s commitment and buy-in to the strategy
- Case Study: Strategy Consultancy Role Play
- Effective execution – communication and stakeholder management
- Implementation – getting practical things done
- Conclusion – the corporate and individual value of strategic thinking.